As part of a team of designers and developers, we were hired through ESPN and NYC Media Lab to prototype a new product or experience for ESPN. They had few constraints and a few key goals: serve the 18-35 audience, create more engagement with their website, make it exciting.
I led the research and strategy and served as the main producer for the project.
From this we researched current trends and their current web and app services, interviewed and shadowed the target audience, and designed and developed a functional prototype. ESPN Next is that prototype and provides a new all-in-one experience for watching and interacting with a live sports broadcast.
- Timeline to track and replay pivotal moments in the game and comment along with other viewers
- Broadcaster selection to hear commentary from people you actually want to hear from
- Video and text chat features to connect with friends watching the game in other places
- Live player stat updates to stay on top of fantasy games
- Camera selection and player tracking to get the video feed you care about
- Tailored ads to connect you with your favorite players new kicks.
I produced, directed, and filmed this video which walks through the user experience and features of our design.